Solar Transformers for Russia
Subbiano Arezzo, Italy, September 2019 – Together with its partner LLC Terra Tok, a Russian electrical systems distributor, Tesar delivered a total of 30 cast resin transformers to five different solar plants in Russia. The project required specially designed triple-storey transformers with minimal height.
For a Russian solar fields operator, Tesar supplied two different types of photovoltaic transformers. The main technical issue of the project was the height limitation owing to the dimensions of the transformer station. Tesar’s technical department has been able to provide triple-storey 3150 kVA transformers lower than 2800 mm in height according to the customer’s request.
Some specifications about the project:
• 20 x 3150 kVA – 10.5/0.57-0.57-0.57 kV
• 10 x 2100 kVA – 10.5/0.57-0.57 kV
• designed with multiple secondaries
• double storey (2100 kVA) and triple storey (3150 kVA) configuration
• Five different solar plants («Tashla» – 12,5 MW, «Kalinovka» – 12,5 MW, «Grachyovka» – 12,5 MW, «Krasnaya» – 12,5 MW, «Staramarjevskaya» – 50 MW)
Tesar is part of the Swiss-based R&S Group, a leading provider of power products in selected niches. With manufacturing facilities and offices in Europe, the Middle East and South America, R&S is a major supplier of transformers and switches for customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors.