eShip – Shore Power Connection System
Sissach, Switzerland, July 2021 – R&S Rauscher & Stoecklin, as a partner of Philip Hauge, delivered to Zinus (leading Norwegian supplier of autonomous solutions for ports and vessels) an interface for a ship power connection, which is a part of The Shore Power Telescopic. The task of this port system is to charge vessels from the shore.
The Shore Power Telescopic is a device from a range of solutions for shore power connection, designed for operational regularity, flexibility and scalability, as well as safe and simple use.
- Can connect to the vessel in just minutes
- A design suitable for a public environment
- A minimal footprint and minor intervention into existing quays
- All-electric operation eliminates the risk of oil pollution
- Both structure and machine parts are constructed from weather and seawater resistant materials
Other details of the supply:
- 40 sets of plugs and sockets
- Rated current: 2500 A
- Stainless steel housing
- Self-locking lid
- Installation sites: ports in Norway
- Timing of deliveries: 2020 – 2021
The biggest challenge for R&S Rauscher & Stoecklin was to develop a completely new product within a short period of time, that is highly reliable and safe (resistant to the saltwater-atmosphere). In addition, it needed to perfectly fit the Zinus shore power connection.
About Zinus AS
Zinus AS is a leading supplier of shore power products and autonomous solutions for ports and vessels. Through patented design and functionality, Zinus has set a completely new standard for shore power technology and design, benefitting the environment and users worldwide.
About R&S Rauscher & Stoecklin
R&S Rauscher & Stoecklin is part of the Swiss-based R&S Group, a leading provider of electrical infrastructure products in key markets. The company, founded in 1919, is a well-established and experienced manufacturer of transformers, switchgear, and other electrical equipment.