Development of the marine life theme park “SeaWorld Theme Abu Dhabi”
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, April 2021 – SeaWorld theme park on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi started in early 2017 and is expected to be completed by 2022. Miral and SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment are the main contractors, and Tesar supported the project by providing the technical solution in order to match the many requirements, including special transformers.
SeaWorld theme park will be UAE’s first dedicated marine life research, rescue, rehabilitation and return center as well as a resource for the care and conservation of local marine life. Once complete, the park will offer unique, immersive experiences that engage local and international guests with the aim of broadening their knowledge and appreciation of marine life.
Some specifications of the transformers’ part of the project:
- 18 x 2000kVA 22kV as per ADDC specification from local factory, Tesar Gulf for distribution purpose.
- 2 x 4000kVA cast resin dry type transformers for back up supply.
- 4 x 1000kVA cast resin dry type transformers for back up supply.
- 1 x 1000kVA cast resin dry type transformer for roller coaster ride control.
The most challenging and important requirements of the project for Tesar:
- Extremely sophisticated substation with space limitation for which Tesar has designed customized configuration in terms of transformer enclosure and cable connection.
- Strict delivery time being as a top project in the area, which was matched by Tesar even during the first lockdown in Europe subsequent to the spread of Sars-Cov-2.
- Tesar support the customer with punctual delivery of the transformers despite various international government lockdowns which had a big impact on all industries.
“We are proud to work in cooperation with top class Contractors on a such a prestigious job. During this tough period of the pandemic, we made a very important additional effort and we succeeded to provide our customers with materials, service, and solutions on time.” – Riccardo Pericoli, General Manager of Tesar Gulf
Tesar Gulf has supplied many of the most important and highly successful projects in the area with a high performance for over more than 25 years. For this reason, International Contractor and Consultants have always preferred Tesar for the major projects in the region.
“As electrical contractor, I have been dealing with TESAR power transformer during the past 15 years. It meant so much that we were able to rely on TESAR for consistent deliveries. Our team could not be more satisfied with your work. We have recommended, and will continue to recommend TESAR services to other companies and contacts.” – Abdel Rahman Badran, Project Manager in Tornado Group (MEP Contractor)
About SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world. The Company is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal husbandry, behavioral management, veterinary care and animal welfare. Over its more than 60-year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 12 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection.
Miral is Abu Dhabi’s creator of destinations, uniting people and places through unique, immersive and exciting experiences. Responsible for the development and management of Yas Island, Miral’s assets encompass entertainment, hospitality, leisure, sport, dining, retail, and real estate destinations.
Tesar is part of the Swiss-based R&S Group, a leading provider of electrical infrastructure products in key markets around the globe. With manufacturing facilities and offices in Europe, the Middle East and South America, R&S is a major supplier of transformers and switches for customers in the utility, industry, and infrastructure sectors.