Re-electrification of several Belgian rail lines
Sissach, Switzerland, November 2018 – Rauscher & Stoecklin has engineered a double load break switch with a special signalization solution according to the specifications of the customer Infrabel, the main infrastructure manager of railways in Belgium. The custom-designed product will allow Infrabel to feed up and switch off the power on the catenary on load and to always have the right information about the status of the line.
For the re-electrification of several 25 kV rail lines in Belgium, the customer Infrabel needed a special custom-made solution and therefore published a public tender. Together with their long-time Belgian partner Bühlmann BV, the company Rauscher & Stoecklin provided a solution that fits the customer’s needs and won the public tender:
• Over 150 double load break switches with a special signalization solution delivered over a period of three years
• Custom-made motor drives for remote control and operation
• Solution to feed up and switch off the power on the catenary on load
• Solution to provide always the right information about the status of the line
The company Rauscher & Stoecklin, due to its commitment, the quality of its products and thanks to the effectiveness of its partner, is working to become one of the leading suppliers for the Belgian railway industry. We are a company composed of employees who are working each day to increase the quality of our solutions. Women and men who share the same objective, client satisfaction.
– Roberto Romeo, Area sales manager Rauscher & Stoecklin
About Rauscher & Stoecklin
Rauscher & Stoecklin is part of the Swiss-based R&S Group, a leading provider in selected niches for power products. The company, founded in 1919, is a well-established and experienced manufacturer of transformers, switchgear and other electrical equipment.